Thursday, January 3, 2008

Winter on My Street

Although winter can be so painfully cold and uncomfortable, it often has a breath-taking beauty.
As you can see from this image taken just out side our front door. I love this picture it seems like a pencil sketch.

Some very good friends from France visited us during the winter season and were thrilled to see it in all of its glory! They described it as exotic... the eye of the beholder. http://bournagain.com/

We've had some intensely cold days, keeping us hunkered down - not wanting to risk any long trips.

There is a break coming - we're supposed to be slightly above freezing for a few days!!!!!!! All I can say is yes, yes, yes. If the kids are feeling better, we'll be able to go sledding and finish the front yard snow fort (or make some progress at least). Maybe I'll actually get to wash the car!

2 comments:

bournagain said...

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the link :-) The photo brings back good memories of our stay. Look forward to seeing more of your work on this blog.

Jeff Germo said...

i love that shot, Paul. You're right. It does look like a sketch. It's one that I would hang on my wall.

About Me

My photo
St. Cloud, Mid West, United States